There are very few occasions when you will see women involved in the matters of property. Why? This is because women have always been treated as an ignorant section of the society having no role or say in any matter. In India, the condition of women is really miserable especially in the rural sectors. But now, as the country is developing at a rapid rate, all its sectors are witnessing considerable growth. Real estate sector is one of the most flourishing one and is continuously progressing having equal participation of men and women in it.
Women have gradually risen from their low status and are empowered by various government policies and relaxations. More and more women are now actively participating in buying properties and the different laws of the government regarding home loans and other property issues facilitate them in this task. If you want to know how it is beneficial for women to buy property then simply go through the following facts:
* If a women invest in ELSS (equity-linked savings scheme), deductions upto 1Lac can be claimed by her thereby saving a lot of money.
* Girls living in their parents’ house can help them to save and earn a lot of money. How? If you want to lease the house then deductions on the re-payment of home loan principal upto 1 Lac can be availed and also the total amount of interest paid as deduction as against the rental income can be claimed.
* If a girl and her parents jointly buy a house then deductions on the home loan that is shared can be easily claimed by her.
* Girls planning to get married can help their future husbands avail maximum tax benefits if the house is jointly owned. Also, she can reduce the repayment burden.
* Women in India are empowered by Income Tax Deptt. to adjust their loss against interest on home loans deduction limit. They are privileged to set off such loss amount to their salary incomes.
The women in today’s scenario stand at a same pedestal as men. She is independent, self-earning and intelligent enough to make decisions for herself as well as her family. A woman who owns a house automatically becomes more confident and secure. Also, investing in a home or any other property serves as a lucrative investment.
So, by reading this write-up you must have acquired a fair idea of the benefits a woman can avail if she buys a property in India. So, why wait then….grab the opportunity at the earliest possible.